Ref. No. 47-20/5152 dated 23 July 2021
Attn.: NSD's Clients
Please be advised that NSD has posted new information on its official web site, in the section «SRD II». In particular, a table entitled “Channels/software for communication in connection with the CAs covered by SRD II” was added in the sub-section “Migration to the new ISO 20022 standard” (formerly, “Implementation of the ISO 20022 standard”). Also, the Roadmap of Migration to the New ISO 20022 Standard at NSD was added.
The migration to the ISO 20022 Standard for messaging purposes will affect the following processes:
- shareholder identification under SRD II;
- shareholder notification of general meetings of shareholders and participation in such general meetings with respect to securities covered by SRD II;
- shareholder notification of general meetings of shareholders held in remote markets that have migrated to the ISO 20022 Standard, and participation in such general meetings.
After the implementation of the new formats for the above processes:
- the SWIFT system will no longer be used as a channel for communication with clients (securities holders), and the following channels/software will be available to them for communication purposes: Web-service, NSD’s File Gateway, and CA Web-client;
- ISO 20022 formats will be used for new message types;
- in the CA Web-client, new data fields will be added and changes will be made as to how messages are shown for relevant corporate actions and for identification of shareholders, taking account of the data fields provided for by SRD II.
Please note that it is needed to connect to / set-up the available channels for communication with NSD, as well as to check whether your software can support messages under the new standard for the above processes.
The proposed timeline of migration to the new formats is shown in the Roadmap of Migration to the New ISO 20022 Standard at NSD.
The existing formats of messages for communication with remote markets that do not apply the ISO 20022 Standard, as well as for corporate actions that are not covered by SRD II, will remain unchanged.
If you have any questions related to this communication, please contact your account manager by telephone: +7 495 956-27-90 or +7 495 956-27-91.