On 24 June 2014, the first meeting of the newly elected Supervisory Board of National Settlement Depository (NSD), Russia’s central securities depository, was held.
Bella Zlatkis was elected the Board’s Chairwoman, and Oleg Vyugin was elected the Deputy Chairman.
The Supervisory Board elected the following members of the Temporary Committee:
- Alexander Ikonnikov, Chairman of the Committee
- Valeria Avksentyeva
- Eddie Astanin
- Sergei Berezhny
- Nadezhda Ushakova
- Alexei Fedotov
The Temporary Committee will focus on nominating the candidates to NSD Customer Committee (Central Securities Depository Customer Committee) for subsequent approval by the Supervisory Board. An announcement encouraging the shareholders to nominate the candidates to the Customer Committee by 4 July 2014 has been placed on NSD’s website.
The Supervisory Board also made the following resolutions:
- To appoint Alexander Ikonnikov, the independent director, as Chairman of the Appointments and Remuneration Committee of the Supervisory Board of NSD;
- To appoint Yevgeny Fetisov, CFO, Moscow Exchange, as Chairman of the Budget Committee of the Supervisory Board of NSD;
- To appoint Paul James Ostling, the independent director, as Chairman of the Audit Committee of the Supervisory Board of NSD;
- To appoint Anatoly Karachinsky, CEO, IBS Group, as Chairman of the Technical Policy and Technological Development Committee of the Supervisory Board of NSD.
The newly appointed Chairmen of the Committees will submit the lists of the candidates to the appropriate Committees to the Supervisory Board by 4 July.