MOSCOW – The Supervisory Board of National Settlement Depository (NSD), Russia’s central securities depository, reports results of the meeting held 6 March. The meeting was conducted upon request of Moscow Exchange, NSD’s shareholder owning over 2% of the company’s voting shares. The participants of the meeting made the following resolutions:
1) to amend the AGM agenda’s item “To set a number of NSD’s Supervisory Board members” using the following wording: “ To set a number of NSD’s Supervisory Board members at 15 until the date of NSD’s AGM in 2014”;
2) to include the following persons in the list of candidates to NSD’s Supervisory Board to vote at the company’s AGM in 2013:
- Bella Zlatkis, Deputy Chairman of the Executive Board, Sberbank;
- Alexander Nazarov, Director, Depository Services Department, ZAO UniCredit Bank;
- Andrei Remnev, Director of Depository, Vnesheconombank;
- Vladimir Reutov, Deputy Chairman of the Management Board, Bank Saint-Petersburg OJSC;
- Dmitry Tolokonnikov, Vice President, Deputy Head of Law Department, Russian Direct Investment Fund;
- Nadezhda Ushakova, Senior Vice President, Head of Depository, JSC VTB Bank;
- Andrei Shemetov, Deputy Chairman of the Management Board, Moscow Exchange.
3) to include the following persons in the list of candidates to NSD’s Audit Committee to vote at the company’s AGM in 2013:
- Olga Gordienko, Chief Accountant, Moscow Exchange;
- Irina Ryazhskikh, Director of Budgeting and Management Accounts, Moscow Exchange;
- Vladimir Sukhachyov, Chief of Internal Audit Service, Moscow Exchange.
The Supervisory Board will nominate additional candidates in compliance with the shareholder agreement concluded on 30 June 2011, on the basis of recommendations presented by the Nomination and Remuneration Committee and developed in accordance to quotas provided by the shareholder agreement (taking into account suggestions submitted by NSD’s minority shareholders and major customers).
Starting 1 April, the amended Tariff for information services will be introduced; it will stand at RUB5,000 for providing daily update on fair prices of bonds. This tariff has been established for the NSMA Price Center project implemented by NSD, acting as an operator of the NSMA Price Center, and the National Securities Market Association (NSMA), acting as a methodological and expert center. An automated system of valuation of fair price of bonds accepted for servicing by NSD has been developed for this project; the bonds are being evaluated automatically, risks of subjectivity are eliminated. The parameters of the automated system are managed by working groups in the NSMA Expert Council responsible for prices. More information about the joint project is available here (in Russian).
The Supervisory Board recognized that NSD’s internal control system meets all requirements, scale and terms of NSD’s activities. The participants of the meeting considered the report presented by the Internal Control Division for 2H2012, approved the Division’s activities plan for 2013, as well the plan of activities for 2013 of the Internal Control Department of NSD as the professional securities market participant and Controller of NSD as the clearing participant.
National Settlement Depository (NSD) is the central securities depository of the Russian Federation, a part of the Moscow Exchange Group. NSD is Russia's national numbering agency and the substitute numbering agency for the CIS, authorized to assign the international ISIN and CFI codes.
The status of central securities depository was assigned to NSD by the Russian Federal Financial Markets Service’s order on 6 November 2012.
NSD holds professional securities market participant license #177-12042-000100 for depository operations issued by the Russian Federal Financial Markets Service on 19 February 2009, and license #3294 for bank operations issued by the Central Bank of the Russian Federation on 26 July 2012.
Registered office: Building 8, 1/13, Sredny Kislovsky Pereulok, Moscow 125009, Russia.
Supplementary office "Krasnye Vorota": 12, Spartakovskaya St., Moscow 105066, Russia
Follow us in Twitter: http://twitter.com/NSD_News