On 4 March 2016, a meeting of the Supervisory Board of National Settlement Depository (NSD), Russia’s central securities depository, took place.
The Supervisory Board took the following decisions on the basis of the Moscow Exchange’s proposals:
- to put an item of establishing the number of the Supervisory Board members in the agenda of the annual general meeting of shareholders (AGM) of 2016 in the following wording: “To establish a number of NSD Supervisory Board members as 15 persons for the period up to the 2017 AGM”;
- to put the following candidates to the Supervisory Board of NSD in the ballot for the company’s 2016 AGM:
- Alexander Afanasiev, Chairman of the Executive Board, Moscow Exchange;
- Paul Bodart, Independent Director, Chairman of Audit Committee, Dexia SA/NV, Belgium;
- Bella Zlatkis, Deputy Chairman of the Management Board, Sberbank of Russia;
- Paul James Ostling, Member of the Board of Directors, PJSC Uralkali;
- Mikhail Bratanov, Regional Head (Russia and CIS), Société Générale Securities Services, Head of Securities Services Department, PJSC ROSBANK;
- Dmitry Tolokonnikov, Vice President, Russian Direct Investment Fund LLC;
- Nadezhda Ushakova, Senior Vice President, Head of Depository, PJSC VTB Bank.
The Supervisory Board will nominate additional candidates in accordance with the shareholder agreement concluded by NSD and with the recommendations by the Nomination and Remuneration Committee elaborated in compliance with quotas provided by the shareholder agreement (on the basis of proposals submitted by minority shareholders and major customers).
In addition, the following candidates to the Audit Committee of NSD nominated by the Moscow Exchange were included in the ballot for the 2016 AGM:
- Olga Gordienko, Chief Accountant, Moscow Exchange;
- Olga Melentyeva, Head of IFRS Reporting Department, Moscow Exchange;
- Vladimir Sukhachyov, Head of Internal Audit Service, Moscow Exchange.
The Supervisory Board made changes in the composition of the Customer Committee for Registrar and Depository Relations: Marina Uspenskaya, Client Services Director of JSC Independent Registrar Company, left the Committee, and Nina Trifonova, Deputy Client Services Director, Independent Registrar Company JSC, joined the Committee.
National Settlement Depository (NSD) is the central securities depository* of the Russian Federation, a part of the Moscow Exchange Group. NSD was founded on 27 June 1996. On 31 January 2016, the value of securities under custody amounted to RUB 31.6 trillion. The Bank of Russia recognized NSD the systemically important central securities depository, settlement depository and repository. The NSD payment system has a status of the systemically and nationally important system.
NSD offers a wide range of services to its clients including settlement and depository services, registration of the OTC transactions (repository services), information services and collateral management services. As Russia's national numbering agency and the substitute numbering agency for the CIS, NSD is authorized to assign the international ISIN and CFI codes. NSD acts as a Local Operating Unit (LOU) allowing to assign Legal Entity Identifiers (LEIs) to the company’s clients. The Bank of Russia has assigned to NSD a status of an operator of NSD Payment System (registered name).
NSD conducts all exchange settlements and a major part of OTC settlements, services Russian and foreign securities as central securities depository. Currently, NSD has accounts with central securities depositories and international central securities depositories of eight countries, as well as correspondent accounts with major foreign and Russian banks. NSD services securities issued by the companies representing more than 40 countries. The international rating agency Thomas Murray has assigned NSD an AA- rating as a central securities depository.
For additional information about NSD please visit www.nsd.ru.
*The status of the central securities depository was assigned to NSD by the Russian Federal Financial Markets Services’ order #12-2761/PZ-I dated 6 November 2012. NSD holds professional securities market participant license #177-12042-000100 for depository operations issued by the Central Bank of the Russian Federation on 19 February 2009, license #3294 for bank operations issued by the Central Bank of the Russian Federation on 26 July 2012 and license #077-00004-000010 for clearing activities issued by the Central Bank of the Russian Federation on 20 December 2012.