On 30 May 2017, after the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of National Settlement Depository (NSD), Russia’s central securities depository, the first meeting of the newly elected Supervisory Board was held.
Bella Zlatkis, Deputy Chairperson of the Executive Board, Sberbank of Russia, was re-elected as Chairperson of NSD’s Supervisory Board. Oleg Vyugin, Chairman of the Board of Directors, NAUFOR, was re-elected as Deputy Chairman of NSD’s Supervisory Board.
The Supervisory Board made the following decisions:
- Approve the appointment of Ilya Yuzhanov, Independent Director, as Chairman of the Nomination and Remuneration Committee of NSD’s Supervisory Board;
- Approve the appointment of Evgenia Abrukina, Director of the Financial Department, Moscow Exchange, as Chairperson of the Budget Committee of NSD’s Supervisory Board;
- Approve the appointment of Paul James Ostling, Independent Director, as Chairman of the Audit Committee of NSD’s Supervisory Board;
- Approve the appointment of Anatoly Karachinsky, President, IBS Group, as Chairman of the Technological Policy and Development Committee of NSD’s Supervisory Board.
The Chairmen were authorized to submit the lists of candidates for the respective Committees to the Supervisory Board by 15 June 2017.
The Supervisory Board established an Interim Commission which included the following members of the Supervisory Board:
- Nadezhda Ushakova (Chairperson of the Interim Commission);
- Eddie Astanin;
- Igor Marich;
- Tatyana Fomina;
- Tatyana Chepeleva.
The Interim Commission’s task is to nominate the candidates for the Customer Committee (CSD Customer Committee) of NSD and to submit the proposals to the Supervisory Board for further approval.