Ref. No. 47-09/1229 dated 1 March 2022
Attn.: NSD's clients
Please be advised that on 21 March 2021 the amended and restated Rules for the Provision of Services related to Assignment and Verification of the Legal Entity Identifier by National Settlement Depository (the ‘Rules’) will take effect.
Changes to the Rules are aimed at bringing them in line with the new requirements of the Global Legal Entity Identifier Center (GLEIF), according to which the Local Operating Unit (LOU) authorized to provide services for the assignment and verification of LEI codes, is obliged to collect and transmit to GLEIF data on legal entity events and other reference information as part of data on Clients' LEIs.
The amended and restated Rules*:
- introduce the definition of "Legal Entity Events", provide for the Client’s obligation to provide NSD with the required information and NSD’s right to transfer it to GLEIF;
- provide for NSD’s right to make changes to the Client's data and report changes to GLEIF in case of Client’s liquidation as a result of a legal entity event;
- introduce fields for providing additional information in Appendices 1, 2, 3;
- make amendments to Appendix 5 to the Rules and exclude irrelevant fields;
- make technical and editorial changes.
The Rules are posted on NSD’s website at https://www.lei-code.ru/en/ under the “Documents” section.
If you have any questions related to this communication, please contact your account managers by telephone: +7 495 956-27-90, +7 495 956‑27‑91.
* The terms used herein shall have the meanings given to them in the Rules for the Provision of Services related to Assignment and Verification of the Legal Entity Identifier by NSD.