Ref. ША-20/7705 dated 29 November 2019
Attn.: NSD's clients,
NSD Payment System participants
This is an update to communication Ref. ША-20/6178 dated 24 September 2019. Please be advised that NSD, including the NSD Payment System1, will be operating on 31 December 2019 and over the New Year public holiday period in 2020 as follows:
1. 31 December 2019:: short business hours until 2.00 p.m. NSD will be providing services to its clients, including NSD Payment System participants, as follows:
- 1.1. Bank account services2:
- Bank account services will be provided from 8.30 a.m. to 2.00 p.m. (Moscow time).
- The NSD Payment System will be available from 8.30 a.m. to 2.00 p.m. (Moscow time).
- DVP settlements: clearing sessions will be run at 10.00 a.m., 12.00 (midday), and 1.00 p.m.
- Bank account statements for transactions made on 31 December 2019 (including for bank accounts of NSD Payment System participants) will be issued on 3 January 2020.
- 1.2. Depository services:
- All depository transactions will be processed from 9.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m. (Moscow time), including securities transfers instructed by clients to/from trading sub-accounts for which NCC is designated as clearing house (other than securities transfers from trading sub-accounts "Securities blocked for clearing at NCC. Collateral".
- 1.3. Collateral management services will be provided as usual, until 12.00 (midday). At 12.00 (midday), a clearing session will take place.
2. 3, 6 and 8 January 2020: NSD will be providing depository and bank account services, including NSD Payment System services, at hours provided for in the relevant agreements (including in the NSD Payment System Rules), subject to the following:
- 2.1. Cash transfers in accounts of NSD's clients, including NSD Payment System participants, will be executed subject to any changes in the operating hours of the Bank of Russia's Payment System.
- 2.2. NSD and NSD Payment System will be accepting for execution any documents (including cash transfer instructions) in hard copy, and will not be accepting untyped electronic documents (files) via the NSD EDI System.
- 2.3. No foreign exchange transactions will be processed.
- 2.4. No services to support securities holders in exercising their rights attached to Russian or non-Russian securities (such as providing information on, and assisting in participating in, corporate actions) will be provided, save for the provision, in a standby mode, of information on corporate actions involving non-Russian securities, as well as on certain money/securities debit/credit transactions as part of corporate actions. Given that 3, 6 and 8 January 2020 are public holidays in the Russian Federation, delays are possible in such services provided by NSD on those dates.
- 2.5. Transactions that require interaction with external counterparties will be executed subject to such counterparties’ operating hours.
3. Collateral management services will be provided on 3, 6 and 8 January 2020 as usual, subject to:
- the schedule for Bank of Russia's repo trades in the exchange and OTC markets on 3, 6 and 8 January 2020, and specific requirements set forth by Moscow Exchange with respect to the method of determination of settlement prices to be used in the following trades: "Repo with the Bank of Russia: Repo Auction" and "Repo with the Bank of Russia: Fixed Rate"; and
- specific requirements set forth by the Russian Federal Treasury, including the collateral requirements.
4. 1, 2, 4, 5 and 7 January 2020 will be non-business days, and no services will be provided to NSD's clients (including NSD Payment System participants).
In case of any question related to this communication, you may contact your account managers at +7 495 956-27-90 or +7 495 956-27-91.
1 — The entry regarding the operator of the NSD Payment System is made in the Register of Payment System Operators by the Bank of Russia under registration number 0014.
2 — Subject to change in the event of any changes in the operating hours of the Bank of Russia's Payment System.