Ref. No. AC-20/9769 dated 19 November 2014
Attn.: NSD’s clients (depositors)
As part of the project for the development of an automated corporate action processing system, National Settlement Depository (NSD) is planning to start providing depositors with information on mandatory corporate actions connected with distribution, conversion, and booking out of Russian securities (SOFF, BONU, MRGR, SPLR, SPLF, DECR, INCR, CONV, EXOF, PARI, WRTH) via various communication channels in accordance with the ISO 20022 and ISO 15022 standards.
Starting from 24 November 2014, the following messages will be sent to depositors via LUCH software (in HTML and XML* formats) and via SWIFT:
- notifications of corporate actions; and
- notifications of corporate action cancellations.
Please note that notifications of general meetings of shareholders (MEET, XMET, OMET) and bond redemptions (INTR, PRED, MCAL, REDM) for Russian and foreign securities will also be sent to depositors via LUCH software in the new XML format (in addition to messages sent via LUCH software (in HTML format) and via SWIFT).
Please be reminded that to be able to receive corporate action notifications in XML format in accordance with the ISO 20022 standard, it is necessary to upgrade LUCH software to version 10.9, in which two new sub-categories have been added to the category ‘Data Interchange with NSD/Corporate Actions’:
- ‘Corporate Action Messages’ subcategory that shows corporate action messages received from NSD for each of a client’s accounts and for each of the securities: CA311 (Notification of a Corporate Action) and CA391 (Notification of Corporate Action Cancellation);
- ‘Meeting Messages’ subcategory that shows corporate action (meeting) messages received from NSD for each of a client’s accounts: CA012 (Notification of a Meeting), CA021 (Notification of Meeting Cancellation), and CA082 (Notification of Meeting Results).
For more details on the procedure for providing clients with information on corporate actions in accordance with the ISO standards, visit Services/Corporate Actions/Corporate Action Notifications.
* XML format allows a user to automatically upload data to client’s software. To do this, it is necessary first to download a file from LUCH software in a usual manner in accordance with the NSD EDI System Local Interface User Manual.