MOSCOW – National Settlement Depository (NSD), Russia's only settlement depository servicing the full range of debt and equity securities of Russian issuers, submitted today to Russia’s Federal Financial Markets Service (FFMS) the last set of documents required for obtaining the central securities depository status. The documents approved by the company’s Supervisory Board on 16 October include:
- Terms of Depository Operations;
- Internal Control Rules;
- Internal Control Rules Aimed at Combating Money-Laundering and the Financing Of Terrorism;
- New version of the company’s Professional Ethics Code;
- EDI Rules;
- Regulations on Conducting Transactions and Document Interchange in the Process of Depository Operations;
- Rules of Managing Risks Associated with Central Depository’s Operations;
- Information Protection Rules;
- Information Disclosure Rules;
- Regulations on Processing Customers’ Complaints and Requests;
- Catalogue of the Tariffs for Central Securities Depository Services connected to transactions with securities with regard to which the depository has opened the nominee holder account or in respect of which the central depository acts as an entity providing mandatory centralized custodial services;
- New version of the Regulations on Customer Committee.
It is worth reminding that the application for obtaining the central depository status had been filed by NSD to FFMS on 25 July 2012.
National Settlement Depository (NSD) is the largest settlement depository in Russia, a part of the Moscow Exchange Group, servicing on-exchange and OTC transactions with all types of debt and equity securities of Russian issuers and providing settlement services to participants in financial markets of the Russian Federation.
NSD provides storage of global certificates and depository accounting for 99% of corporate bond issues, sub-federal and municipal bond issues. It services 100% of transactions conducted in the federal bond and the Bank of Russia bond markets, more than 99% of transactions conducted in the corporate and regional bond markets, the majority of transactions with equities and also services UIT units and securities of foreign issuers.
In accordance with agreements concluded between NSD and the Bank of Russia, NSD acts as a settlement center for the organized securities market.
NSD is Russia's national numbering agency and the substitute numbering agency for the CIS, authorized to assign the international ISIN and CFI codes.
For further information about NSD: www.nsd.ru , or NSD Public Affairs Division: +7 495 232 0910,Follow us in Twitter: http://twitter.com/NSD_News