MOSCOW - National Settlement Depository (NSD), Russia's only settlement depository servicing the full range of debt and equity securities of Russian issuers, reports that its Supervisory Board at the meeting held 21 February considered information related to the company's current activities and approved a list of the company's priority programs for 2011. The list includes the following projects:
- Automatic financing for completion of settlements through the Bank of Russia's RTGS system (BESP system)
- Servicing of REPO transactions with securities basket
- Complex information system
- Modification of DVP operations procedure
- Transfer of securities on terms of Delivery Versus Delivery with Optional Cash Settlement
- Securities lending
- Provision of electronic interactions between NSD's customers and registrars
- Pre-matching center
- Development and implementation of the new automated electronic cash settlement system
- DVP settlements in rubles via Clearstream Banking S.A./ Euroclear Bank
NSD's Supervisory Board has considered an issue of the company's corporate governance and authorized the company's managers to submit a report on NSD's corporate governance level. The evaluation of the company's corporate governance is being held by the Supervisory Board in compliance with a recommendation issued by the Bank of Russia.
National Settlement Depository (NSD) is the largest settlement depository in Russia, a part of the MICEX Group, servicing on-exchange and OTC transactions with all types of debt and equity securities of Russian issuers and providing settlement services to participants in financial markets of the Russian Federation.
NSD provides storage of global certificates and depository accounting for 99% of corporate bond issues, sub-federal and municipal bond issues. It services 100% of transactions conducted in the federal bond and the Bank of Russia bond markets, more than 99% of transactions conducted in the corporate and regional bond markets, the majority of transactions with equities and also services UIT units and securities of foreign issuers.
In accordance with agreements concluded between NSD and the Bank of Russia, NSD acts as a settlement center for the organized securities market.
NSD is Russia's national numbering agency and the substitute numbering agency for the CIS, authorized to assign the international ISIN and CFI codes.
For further information about NSD: www.nsd.ru , or NSD Public Affairs Division: +7 495 232 0910,