MOSCOW - National Settlement Depository (NSD), Russia's only settlement depository servicing the full range of debt and equity securities of Russian issuers, reports that on 24 December it has launched a beta version of its new Depository Information Service Center (DISC). The beta version of the system is available at NSD's web site: www.nsd.ru.
The first stage of the new information system developed within the framework of NSD's Program for Complex Provision of Information includes provision of the significant volume of information related to securities serviced by NSD, as well as to issuers, registers and authorized depositories. The data comprising the DISC are represented by interlinked modules and units (Securities, Organizations, Up-To-Date Information).
The beta version of the DISC is designed for review in line with the users' opinions. The company has developed a feedback form for users to send their opinions and suggestions to the system's developers.
The second stage of the Depository Information Service Center development will include:
- placement of a corporate actions calendar containing detailed information on the actions; the calendar will allow to view the documents related to a financial instrument, an organization or information message connected to the action
- placement of a calendar of events to be carried out by the companies with appropriate links
- placement of information messages linked to financial instruments, issuers, corporate actions, other documents
- placement of scanned versions of issuer documents linked to financial instruments, documents related to corporate actions including shareholders meetings
- placement of users' personal accounts with their personal settings and subscriptions
National Settlement Depository (NSD) is the largest settlement depository in Russia, a part of the MICEX Group, servicing on-exchange and OTC transactions with all types of debt and equity securities of Russian issuers and providing settlement services to participants in financial markets of the Russian Federation.
NSD provides storage of global certificates and depository accounting for 99% of corporate bond issues, sub-federal and municipal bond issues. It services 100% of transactions conducted in the federal bond and the Bank of Russia bond markets, more than 99% of transactions conducted in the corporate and regional bond markets, the majority of transactions with equities and also services UIT units and securities of foreign issuers.
In accordance with agreements concluded between NSD and the Bank of Russia, NSD acts as a settlement center for the organized securities market.
NSD is Russia's national numbering agency and the substitute numbering agency for the CIS, authorized to assign the international ISIN and CFI codes.
For further information about NSD: www.nsd.ru , or NSD Public Affairs Division: +7 495 232 0910,