National Settlement Depository (NSD), Russian’s central securities depository, held the annual general meeting of shareholders (AGM) on 26 May.
The company’s shareholders took the following resolutions:
- The annual report of NSD for 2014 including annual financial statements and consolidated financial statements of NSD, to take into consideration the auditor’s report on the annual report of NSD for 2014 (including annual financial statements) and on its consolidated financial statements, as well as the Audit Committee’s report on the results of the audit of the company’s financial activities for 2014 were approved.
- The company’s profit in the amount of RUB3,389,935 thousand was allocated for dividend payment calculated on the basis of RUB2,871.18 per one common share before tax on income received in the form of dividend. The record date for persons entitled to receive dividend was set on 5 June 2015.
- Ernst&Young Vneshaudit CJSC was approved as NSD’s auditor for conducting the RAS and IFRS audit till the date of NSD's 2016 AGM.
- 15 members of the Supervisory Board were elected:
- Eddie Astanin, Chairman of the Executive Board, NSD;
- Valeriya Avksentyeva, Chief Operating Officer, OTKRITIE Brokerage House JSC;
- Alexander Afanasiev, Chairman of the Executive Board, PJSC Moscow Exchange;
- Joerg Bongarts, Chairman of the Management Board, Deutsche Bank Ltd;
- Oleg Vyugin, independent director;
- Sean Ian Glodek, Director, member of the Management Board, RDIF;
- Bella Zlatkis, Deputy Chairman of the Executive Board, Sberbank of Russia;
- Alexander Krunic, independent director;
- Paul James Ostling, independent director;
- Andrei Popov, Chief of IT Department, Member of the Management Board, Raiffeisenbank JSC, Russia;
- Vladimir Reutov, Deputy Chairman of the Management Board, BANK St. Petersburg PJSC;
- Oksana Strakhova, Director of Depository, Vnesheconombank;
- Nadezhda Ushakova, Senior Vice President, Head of Depository, JSC VTB Bank;
- Tatyana Chepeleva, Managing Director, Chief of Investment Banking Operations Strategy, BCS Company LLC;
- Ilya Yuzhanov, independent director.
- New members of the Audit Committee of NSD were elected till the date of NSD's planned 2016 AGM:
- Olga Gordienko, Chief Accountant, Moscow Exchange PJSC;
- Anna Ivenkova, Chief of International Reporting Department, Moscow Exchange PJSC;
- Vladimir Sukhachev, Chief of Internal Audit Service, Moscow Exchange PJSC.
- The members of the Supervisory Board elected 24 June 2014 at the AGM will receive remuneration calculated in compliance with the terms established by the Principles of Establishing the Amount of Remuneration of the Members of NSD’s Supervisory Board1 to given their individual contribution to NSD’s management.
- The new version of the Regulations on Remuneration and Reimbursement of Expenses of the Members of NSD’s Supervisory Board was approved.
- Interested party transactions that are planned to be concluded with Moscow Exchange PJSC or may be concluded in the future in the course of NSD’s business operations were approved.
1 — Approved by the company’s AGM on 24 June 2014.
National Settlement Depository (NSD) is the central securities depository* of the Russian Federation, a part of the Moscow Exchange Group. NSD was founded on 27 June 1996. Total value of assets on deposit with NSD amounted to RUB27.8 trillion as of the end of 30 April 2015. The Bank of Russia recognized NSD the systemically important central securities depository, settlement depository and repository. The NSD payment system has a status of the systemically and nationally important system.
NSD offers a wide range of services to its clients including settlement and depository services, registration of the OTC transactions (repository services), information services and collateral management services. As Russia's national numbering agency and the substitute numbering agency for the CIS, NSD is authorized to assign the international ISIN and CFI codes. NSD acts as a Local Operating Unit (LOU) allowing to assign Legal Entity Identifiers (LEIs) to the company’s clients. The Bank of Russia has assigned to NSD a status of an operator of NSD Payment System (registered name).
NSD conducts all exchange settlements and a major part of OTC settlements, services Russian and foreign securities as central securities depository. Currently, NSD has accounts with central securities depositories and international central securities depositories of eight countries, as well as correspondent accounts with major foreign and Russian banks. NSD services securities issued by the companies representing more than 40 countries. The international rating agency Thomas Murray has assigned NSD an AA- rating as a central securities depository.
For additional information about NSD please visit www.nsd.ru.*The status of the central securities depository was assigned to NSD by the Russian Federal Financial Markets Services’ order #12-2761/PZ-I dated 6 November 2012. NSD holds professional securities market participant license #177-12042-000100 for depository operations issued by the Central Bank of the Russian Federation on 19 February 2009, license #3294 for bank operations issued by the Central Bank of the Russian Federation on 26 July 2012 and license #077-00004-000010 for clearing activities issued by the Central Bank of the Russian Federation on 20 December 2012.