On 29 October 2020, a meeting of the Supervisory Board of National Settlement Depository (NSD), Russia’s central securities depository, was held.
At the meeting, the Supervisory Board elected new Chairpersons of Customer Committees:
- Vladimir Itunin, Head of Operations, ALFA-BANK (Customer Committee for Quality Control and Risk Management);
- Ksenia Vlasova, Head of Operations, Business Support Department, Aton (Customer Committee for Settlement and Depository Services and Tariffs);
- Vadim Protasenko, First Deputy General Director, NRC - R.O.S.T. (Customer Committee for Registrar and Depository Relations).
Chairpersons were entrusted with the task of drawing up lists of candidates for their respective committees and submitting them to NSD’s Supervisory Board.
To assess the state of NSD’s corporate governance in 2020, the Supervisory Board appointed employees responsible for collecting and summarizing information about the state of NSD’s corporate governance, and authorized them to submit a draft report on NSD’s corporate governance state for 2020 to the Supervisory Board.
The Supervisory Board approved the following amended and restated documents:
- Terms and Conditions of Depository Operations of NSD; and
- NSD’s Internal Control Rules for Anti-Money Laundering, Combating the Financing of Terrorism and the Financing of the Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction.
The amended and restated Terms and Conditions of Depository Operations of NSD will be put into effect once the document is approved by the Bank of Russia.
The Supervisory Board took into account:
- Q3 2020 Report on NSD’s Significant Risks;
- Q3 2020 Report on NSD’s Amount of Capital, on Results of Capital Adequacy Assessment, and on Complying with Mandatory Ratios; and
- Q3 2020 Report on the NSD Internal Control Department’s Activities Focused on Internal Control over the Professional Securities Market Participant’s Operations.