On 22 April 2021, a meeting of the Supervisory Board of National Settlement Depository (NSD), Russia’s central securities depository, was held.
The Supervisory Board approved the following new fee schedules:
- Fee Schedule for NSD Depository Services;
- Fee Schedule for CSD Depository Services for Securities in CSD Nominee Accounts in Securities Holders’ Registers and Securities Issued under Russian Federation Laws with Regard to Which NSD Acts as an Entity Performing Centralized Safekeeping or Centralized Record Keeping of Rights, hereinafter referred to as the CSD Fee Schedule.
The CSD Fee Schedule was pre-approved by the CSD Customer Committee (Minutes No. 48 dated 15.12.2020) and are subject to approval by the Bank of Russia.
The Fee Schedules do not contain any changes affecting the cost or the guidelines for paying for NSD services; their structure was changed, the terms were brought in compliance with laws, NSD’s Terms and Conditions of Depository Operations, and other NSD regulations. Also, editorial changes were made to improve the Fee Schedule text.
The Fee Schedule for NSD Depository Services and the CSD Fee Schedule will be put into effect once the CSD Fee Schedule is approved by the Bank of Russia.
The Supervisory Board abolished the limitation on the validity of the Fee Schedule and Payment Guidelines for Clearing Services of NSD approved by NSD's Supervisory Board on 17.12.2020.
The Supervisory Board approved the amended and restated versions of:
- NSD’s Technological Policy in the Field of Basic Information Technology;
- Measures to Ensure the Uninterrupted Operation of NSD's Hardware and Software Systems;
- Clearing Rules of National Settlement Depository.
The amended and restated version of Clearing Rules of National Settlement Depository will be put into effect once it is registered with the Bank of Russia.
The Supervisory Board took into account:
- NSD Internal Control Department’s Q1 2021 Report on the Activities Focused on Internal Control over the Professional Securities Market Participant’s Operations;
- 2020 Report on the Repository’s Regulatory Risk Management;
- Q1 2021 Report on NSD’s Significant Risks;
- Q1 2021 Report on NSD’s Amount of Capital, on Results of Capital Adequacy Assessment, and on Complying with Mandatory Ratios.
Irina Veremeyenko, Chief Accountant, Director of the Accounting and Reporting Department, was appointed the member of NSD’s Executive Board for a new term – from 02.05.2021 to 02.05.2023 inclusively.