On 21 October 2014, a meeting of the members of the Supervisory Board of National Settlement Depository (NSD), Russia’s central securities depository, took place.
The Supervisory Board approved the adjusted budget of income, loss and profit, the amended capital investment budget, and took into consideration the 9M 2014 activity report of NSD.
Due to the beginning of the process of electing the new members of NSD Customer Committees, Svetlana Kamasheva, Managing Director, JSC VTB Bank, was elected Chairperson of the Customer Committee for Quality Control and Risk Management. The number of the Committee’s members was established as 12 persons.
Dmitry Zaliznyak, Head of Depository Services Development Department, CB “J.P. Morgan Bank International” (LLC), was elected Chairperson of the Customer Committee for Settlement and Depository Services and Tariffs. The number of the Committee’s members was established as 12 persons.
Yuri Taranovsky, General Director, Reyestr OJSC, was elected Chairperson of the Customer Committee for Registrar and Depository Relations. The number of the Committee’s members was established as 17 persons.
The Chairpersons of the Committees were authorized to form lists of new candidates for the respective Committees and to submit the lists to the Supervisory Board for approval.
The Supervisory Board approved the following amended fees:
- Fees for repository services;
- Fees for cash transfers and associated services;
- Fees for NSD’s EDI*;
- Fees for servicing bonds in issuers accounts and treasury accounts of the issuers;
- Fees for clearing services;
- Fees for collateral management services;
- Fees for depository services and fees for services related to operations with securities in respect of which NSD has opened CSD nominee accounts or in respect of which NSD has acted as an entity providing mandatory centralized custody of securities. These amended fees will be put into effect after the Bank of Russia approves them.
The fees were amended mainly due to preparation for a launch of NSD’s new services. In particular, the company completes preparation for servicing bond issue programs and plans to launch a service of repo transactions with the Federal Treasury with collateral management; NSD has also developed new repository services and new documents in EDI system. The company has made some corrections to clarify a procedure and a scope of using some paragraphs of the fees.
Due to the approval of the amended clearing fees, the Supervisory Board also approved the amended NSD Clearing Rules. This document will come into force once it has been registered by the Bank of Russia.
* – NSD’s electronic data interchange.