MOSCOW – National Settlement Depository (NSD), Russia's only settlement depository servicing the full range of debt and equity securities of Russian issuers, reports that on 25 May it held an Annual General Meeting of the company’s shareholders (AGM).
The company's shareholders elected 15 members of NSD Supervisory Board, including:
- Eddie Astanin, Chairman of the Executive Board, NSD
- Ruben Aganbegyan, President, MICEX-RTS
- Mikhail Bratanov, Director of Depository, ROSBANK (OJSC JSCB)
- Oleg Vyugin, Chairman of the Board of Directors, MDM Bank
- Anna Vyshlova, Managing Director, Renaissance Broker LLC
- Bella Zlatkis, Deputy Chairman of the Executive Board, Sberbank
- Maria Ivanova, Head of Domestic Custody Services, Deutsche Bank Ltd.
- Alexander Ikonnikov, Chairman of the Supervisory Board, Independent Directors Association
- Irina Ikonnikova, President, CJSC IC “Troika Dialog”
- Andrei Remnyov, Director of Depository, Vnesheconombank
- Yekaterina Sizova, Head of Depository Services Division, JP Morgan Bank International
- Vladimir Tatsiy, First Vice President, GPB (OJSC)
- Nadezhda Ushakova, Senior Vice President, Head of Depository, JSC VTB Bank
- Alexei Fedotov, Head of Securities and Funds Service, ZAO Citibank
- Alexander Scheglov, Member of the Board of Directors, NP RTS
At the first meeting of NSD Supervisory Board conducted after the AGM its members elected Bella Zlatkis the Board's Chairperson. Mikhail Bratanov was elected the Board's Deputy Chairman.
Alexander Ikonnikov, an independent member of NSD Supervisory Board, has been elected the Chairman of the HR and Remuneration Commission of the Supervisory Board. Mr. Ikonnikov was authorized to nominate the candidates to the chairpersons of the commissions of the Supervisory Board, and the candidates to the HR and Remuneration Commission.
The following persons were elected the members of the company’s Audit Committee:
- Olga Gordienko, Chief Accountant, MICEX-RTS
- Irina Ryazhskikh, Director of Budgeting and Management Accounts, MICEX-RTS
- Vladimir Sukhachyov, Chief of Internal Audit Service, MICEX-RTS
The AGM approved the new version of NSD’s Charter. In particular, the new version reflects provisions connected to the names of bank operations changed in compliance with the Federal Law #162-FZ “On Amending Certain Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation following the Adoption of the Federal Law On the National Payment System” dated 27 June 2011; with the Federal Laws #414-FZ “On the Central Securities Depository” dated 7 December 2011 and #161-FZ “On National Payment System” dated 27 June 2011.
The shareholders also approved the company's annual report and annual financial statements for 2011, and took into consideration the Audit Committee’s report based on results of the audit of NSD's financial and economic activities for 2011.
NSD's shareholders also approved Ernst&Young Vneshaudit CJSC to conduct the RAS and IFRS audit until the date of NSD's AGM planned to be held in 2013.
National Settlement Depository (NSD) is the largest settlement depository in Russia, a part of the MICEX-RTS Group, servicing on-exchange and OTC transactions with all types of debt and equity securities of Russian issuers and providing settlement services to participants in financial markets of the Russian Federation.
NSD provides storage of global certificates and depository accounting for 99% of corporate bond issues, sub-federal and municipal bond issues. It services 100% of transactions conducted in the federal bond and the Bank of Russia bond markets, more than 99% of transactions conducted in the corporate and regional bond markets, the majority of transactions with equities and also services UIT units and securities of foreign issuers.
In accordance with agreements concluded between NSD and the Bank of Russia, NSD acts as a settlement center for the organized securities market.
NSD is Russia's national numbering agency and the substitute numbering agency for the CIS, authorized to assign the international ISIN and CFI codes.
For further information about NSD: http://www.nsd.ru/ , or NSD Public Affairs Division: +7 495 232 0910,
Follow us in Twitter: http://twitter.com/NSD_News